moving Archives - Herlihy Moving & Storage

Category: moving

13 Oct

DIY or Call the Pros? How to Handle Home Repairs When Moving

Posted By: herlihywp Comments: 0 Categories: moving

Are you planning a household move? Homeownership can be rewarding, but it can be time-consuming and expensive. In addition, your new home might require improvements, and the buck stops with you. Fortunately, it’s never been easier to do some of these, thanks to online tutorials and videos. However, some jobs require an experienced, licensed professional. […]

28 Feb

5 Ways to Estimate Moving Supplies

Posted By: herlihywp Comments: 0 Categories: moving, Moving Tips

The thing they don’t tell you about moving is how much you’ll spend on moving supplies. You’ll need plenty, and sometimes they can add up. Guides based on the number of bedrooms might work, but it depends on the person. Sometimes they’re wildly inaccurate. Use these methods to approximate how much you’ll need to get […]

30 Oct

Should You Move For A Job Opportunity? What You Should Consider Before Signing A Contract

Posted By: herlihywp Comments: 0 Categories: moving

Whether your company offers you a promotion that requires a move or you find a great opportunity in a city across the country, it can be hard to decide whether it makes sense to uproot your life for a job opportunity. Here, we’ll take a look at what you need to consider when you’re deciding […]

16 Oct

Simplify Your Small Business Move with a 6-Month-Ahead Checklist

Posted By: herlihywp Comments: 0 Categories: moving, Office Moving

As a small business owner, moving can look like one of the most daunting tasks you can ever face. However, sometimes, moving can mean better access to a pool of clients and significant opportunities for growth. With the proper planning, advanced strategies, and a good office moving company, the transition can be as seamless as […]

31 May

10 Kitchen Items to Leave Behind When Packing to Move

Posted By: herlihywp Comments: 0 Categories: moving

Packing an entire kitchen collection can make for a bulky move. Moving is a great time to cut the clutter. Here are ten kitchen items better left behind when you are packing to move. 1. Expired Pantry Foods Most people have a vast collection of pantry foods in their cupboards. Ditch expired items such as […]

17 May

Don’t Pack That: What Movers Can’t Move

Posted By: herlihywp Comments: 0 Categories: moving

Moving day is approaching, and it’s almost time to pack up the moving truck and hit the road. But wait: Before you pack everything into boxes, take a minute to check the “Restricted Items” list. Your moving company will provide you with a list of their company’s specific non-allowable items that they cannot safely or […]

01 Feb

Unigroup Migration Study: More People Moving Out of Ohio Than Moving In

Posted By: herlihywp Comments: 0 Categories: moving

The United Van Lines 43rd Annual National Movers Study is out. During 2019, Ohio experienced a small exodus of interstate movers with more people migrating out of the Buckeye State than moving in. 58% of Ohio’s interstate movers were leaving the state whereas 42% were coming in. This continues Ohio’s trend of greater outbound movers […]

Moving Review: Nelsonville to Dayton, Ohio

25 Nov

Moving Review: Nelsonville to Dayton, Ohio

Posted By: herlihywp Comments: 0 Categories: Athens, moving, reviews

Rated “Best Movers Ever!” on Move from Nelsonville to Dayton, Ohio Happy customers are our number-one goal at Herlihy Mayflower. One of Ohio’s oldest moving companies, we’ve built our business on customer service. We love to receive feedback from customers like Mary Ellen G.  She called our Athens Office for help with moving to Dayton, Ohio, We all her furniture and other goods […]

Moving Review:  from Beavercreek to Lebanon, Ohio

11 Nov

Moving Review: from Beavercreek to Lebanon, Ohio

Posted By: herlihywp Comments: 0 Categories: moving, reviews

Katherine E. Recommended Herlihy Mayflower after a Move from Beavercreek to Lebanon, Ohio. Herlihy Mayflower strives for 100 percent customer satisfaction with each move. We’re always gratified to hear that we’ve met this goal – as Katherine E. reported after our Columbus office handled her recent move from Beavercreek, Ohio to Lebanon, Ohio. The second-largest suburb […]

Long-distance Move from Seattle to Columbus, Ohio

29 Oct

Long-distance Move from Seattle to Columbus, Ohio

Posted By: herlihywp Comments: 0 Categories: Columbus, moving, reviews

Moving long-distance to or from Columbus, Ohio? Herlihy Mayflower is here to make your move as easy and stress-free as possible! We have the trained moving professionals, state-of-the-art moving equipment and logistical support to handle corporate relocations and long-distance moves with ease. Ohio’s capital is one of the fastest-growing cities in the Midwest. It offers a low unemployment […]